We’re starting to turn on the engines …! There are two months left!
In Romania, the first official races will start on May 1. In other European countries at about the same time, other countries already have races. For those who have already started, we can only recommend a flight schedule from those found on our website.
For those who are waiting for the season, We would have some useful tips:
1. Make sure your loft is dry, airy, and bright. It is perhaps the most important factor for success.
2. Check the pigeons if they are healthy by testing them at a veterinarian in order to enter the season ready.
3. Fitness is essential. Many pigeons are lost at the beginning of the race because after the release they take the wrong way and have no resources to return home again. The muscles are not prepared for extra effort. Train progressively, pay attention to the weather and watch the physical condition of pigeons increase. It should be visible !!!
Do not send pigeons to races unless they are trained. The season is long and the rush may ruin your results.
4. Supplements are essential during the pre-competition preparation period.
The muscles, unaccustomed to the effort over the winter, need to get in shape. The preparation should be made gradually, muscle fever occurs and muscle damage may occur. Electrolit and Protein Plus from Cest Pharma are two indispensable products in this period for fitness.
Amino Forte in Drinking Water and Healthy Oil on grains are two other very helpful products.
5. Stress !!! Remember that pigeon training, widowhood, transportation with the car, represents stress factors and stress lowers immunity. The effects of stress can be seen when you put the pigeons in the basket for the first time: liquid manure (diarrhea)! So the first signs of stress are intestinal, which is why
the administration of probiotics and prebiotics is necessary. Biotics contains two types of probiotics: Bacillus Subtillis and Enterococcus Faecium but also prebiotics which are food for probiotics.
Only properly prepared will we be able to enjoy the long summer full of competitions!